Tuesday 26 February 2013

NYFW A/W 2013 Faves


 
So I know I'm about two weeks late with the NYFW post, but I honestly only just became inspired to do one after seeing this collection. (Also inspired me to do a belated LFW post. Coming soon).
I just love Diane Von Furstenberg. I love her fabrics, I love her patterns, I love her draping. For those who are unaware, DVF pretty much invented the wrap-dress in the 70s, and you can still see how much her collections are influenced by that era. This may be part of why I love her so much, as I tend to be drawn towards fashion of the 60s/70s.
The thing she also does really well is power-dressing. All of her designs embody a strong female who knows what she wants and won't let anything stand in her way, while remaining feminine and floaty in the process.
It's a huge call, but I don't think anyone does a women's suit quite like DVF.
 
 
An honorable mention also goes to Narciso Rodriguez' collection above. The shapes and the structure of this collection are incredible. I especially love the juxtaposition of the dresses with a structured, serious top and flowing uneven bottom, as well as the darker more moody tones.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment